Dynamo Developer Resources
Dynamo is an open source, visual programming platform with an active development community committed to its improvement.
You have just opened the Dynamo Developer Resources, a guide for developers who want to contribute to Dynamo. The project was initiated to give developers the framework and tools required to build new functionality and interactions in Dynamo. We hope this resource will help streamline the development process and take Dynamo to the next level. Here is what you can expect to learn:
- Building Dynamo from source - Building, running, and debugging using Visual Studio
- Development Options - An introduction and guide to mechanisms that allow you to create custom functionality for Dynamo
- Testing - Unit tests using NUnit (for Dynamo Core) and the Revit Test Framework (for Dynamo Revit)
- Packages - How to create, deploy, and update a pacakage
- Pull requests - Requirements for submission, how to use the PR templates, how to cherry-pick, and the review process
- Examples - Examples and use cases to get you started
The Dynamo Developer Resources Project
The Dynamo Developer Resources Project is an open source project initiated by the Dynamo Development team at Autodesk.
Mode Lab was commissioned to write the first edition of the Dynamo Developer Resources, with examples included from the Dynamo Github repositories.